February 23-25th, 2021 | Virtually | Bringing Sessions to You, Wherever You Are
The Alaska Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA) is hosting a virtual gathering of community leaders and planners to share, learn, and explore the issues and opportunities facing Alaskans today and in the future.
2020 has been an unprecedented year for many communities locally and nationally. Amidst its challenges, governments, tribes, businesses, families and neighbors have made adjustments while continuing towards betterment.
Join us at the 2021 Virtual Planning Conference as we explore the theme "Change is Constant | Planning is Essential"
This is your opportunity to earn up to 15 CM credits over three days of online learning and engagement. Our highly requested Planning Commissioner training will still be offered this year through an online platform; please stay tuned for more information!
SAVE THE DATE
FEB. 23-25, 2021
INTERESTED IN PRESENTING AT THE 2021 VIRTUAL ALASKA PLANNING CONFERENCE?
SESSEION PROPOSALS ARE DUE DECEMBER 18, 2020 VIA EMAIL TO THIS YEAR'S PLANNING CONFERENCE C0-CHAIR, ALEXA GREENE AT AGREENE@DOWL.COM
The 2021 Conference, CHANGE IS CONSTANT | PLANNING IS ESSENTIAL, will explore how planning is essential to prepare for the future, respond to the present, and improve quality of life for all Alaskans. Example topics we aim to emphasize on this year include:
• Planning for equity: best practices and tools
• Proactive and responsive communities: codes, plans, politics
• Functional, Area, and Comprehensive Plans: why they matter and how to implement them
• Best practices for public and stakeholder engagement and working with your elected officials
• GIS mapping, community data resources, and forecasting
• Effective processes: from need, to funding, to actualization
• Planning for environmental and health changes in northern climates
• Transportation and transit best practices for large and small communities
THE 3-DAY VIRTUAL CONFERENCE WILL BE ADMINISTERED, MODERATED AND SUPPORTED BY MEMBERS OF THE
APA AK PLANNING CONFERENCE COMMITTEE. UNLIKE OUR PREVIOUS IN-PERSON CONFERENCE,
WE DO NOT ANTICIPATE OFFERING CONCURRENT SESSIONS THIS YEAR; THIS MEANS
YOUR SESSION WILL WILL LIKLEY HAVE A HIGHER AND MORE DIVERSE ATTENDANCE!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SUPPORTING THE ALASKA APA IN HOSTING THE LARGEST SINGLE EVENT OF PLANNING, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, AND LEADERSHIP PROFESSIONALS IN THE STATE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE CONFERENCE COMMITTEE AT firstname.lastname@example.org
For other questions and comments email